Thursday, February 10, 2011

Arbor Brewing Company

February 5th.

So my birthday was last Wednesday (February 2nd- you can now mark your calendars for next year...) and it was great- Elisabeth and I went to see a show in Detroit but unfortunately that meant we couldn't eat out somewhere fabulous that night. So, in effort to prolong my birthday celebrations as long as possible and to have a valid excuse to go out for dinner, I invited several of my girlfriends out to Arbor Brewing Company on Saturday!

from L to R- Samantha, Ali, Casey, Alex, Dana, Marie, Elisabeth, Chelsea, Carlye.
Atmosphere: 8/4. Elisabeth and I had two very different opinions here. After we left I commented how much I loved the genuine, neighborhood brewpub feel. It had a casual and relaxed vibe. Elisabeth's differing opinion can be surmised from her one line response- "When I eat, I like to feel important."  Classic. I won't be letting her forget that one for a while. The other girls were split as well on this one. It was mixed reviews so you'll have to decide for yourself!


  • Carlye gave it an "8 (because of those loud ass people playing that game in the corner) but I loved the bar setting!" 
  • Casey agreed also giving it an 8 for atmosphere.
  • Dana and Ali- 6 and 6.5, respectively
  • Samantha- 5


Service: 7. Eh. To be expected.


Food: 8. I thought it was great. Elisabeth thought it was so-so (officially a 6). The favorite item was the Mezza Luna Ravioli. And Casey's side of onion rings? Were amazing- also large enough to feed small countries. 


  • Ali rated it an "8 - it was SO good, and SO filling! Generous portions and very varied menu." 
  • Carlye: "9- I LOVEEEEDDD the food, but my salad was way over dressed (you know what I'm sayin girl) but that is literally the only reason I give it a 9 instead of 10." 
  • Casey: "8- The food was great but I was disappointed by the lack of options on the menu." 
  • Dana- 8

Apple Goat Cheese Salad and Quesadillas
Asiago Chicken Pasta and Mezza Luna Ravioli 
ONION RINGS and Fried Chicken Tenders
Overall: 8. It was one of my favorite nights out since we started this whole thing. I loved it. I think it is a "don't miss" Ann Arbor spot. Another thing I loved was their commitment to buying local and organic. "We understand that the creation of sustainable food systems is as important to our community as it is to the environment and we continue to participate in this process through our commitment to supporting local businesses." They even include a list of the local vendors, farms and distributors they buy from right on their menu. It's good to know where your food is coming from!
Clean plates for all of us
If you go: Check out the website to view their menu. They don't take reservations, so get there early on busy weekends. 
114 East Washington Street
Ann Arbor, MI 48104

(734) 213-1393

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, Elisabeth, when I eat, I like to feel important too! Just ask Chelsea about the millions of times we've eaten out together. She'll back me up. Anyway, I feel like we should be friends.

    ReplyDelete